Apnea Monitor Helpful Hints
- Place a few drops of water on the electrodes before putting them on the baby.
- Keep electrodes clean.
- Trim the belt so there is approximately a 1 inch overlap.
- Notify the fire department that you have a baby at home on a monitor.
- Always keep a spare set of electrodes, lead wires and belts.
- In the winter, use a fabric softener on the baby's sleepwear.
- Review CPR regularly. Visit www.americanheart.org for updated Infant CPR instructions.
- Take the monitor on all outings.
- Enjoy your baby.
- Get out. Everybody needs a break. Have a qualified babysitter (who is trained in CPR) watch your baby.