Wright & Filippis - Rehabilitative Health Care

Oxygen is safe to use, in the right conditions. If you follow these guidelines, you will have a safe environment in which to use your oxygen.

Oxygen will not explode or burn, but it will cause things that are burning, to burn hotter and faster. Because of this, when storing or using your oxygen, you should keep it at least 10 feet from open flames, space heaters, large windows or any other source of heat.

If you are cooking while wearing oxygen, you can:

  • Secure the cannula over the ears and behind the head, instead of under the chin.
  • Secure the tubing to the side of your clothing with a large safety pin (making sure not to puncture the tubing). This will keep the tubing away from the heat source.

Never grease or oil oxygen equipment. Grease and oil are flammable materials, and are contained in hand lotions, hair lubricants and Vaseline. Aerosol sprays, such as hairspray are also flammable, and should not be used near oxygen equipment.

Do not permit smoking in the same room as your oxygen equipment. You can place a "No Smoking" sign on the door of your residence. You may be in a large room (such as a restaurant) where smoking is permitted, without being at risk.

Do not place your concentrator in a small area. The extra heat generated by your concentrator could damage the unit and/or other materials if placed in a small area. Be sure that the unit is well ventilated and protected from being knocked over.

Never use oil-based face creams, a hair dryer or an electric razor while using your oxygen. It is possible for the appliance to spark, causing the oxygen and face cream to ignite, resulting in burns on your face. Always use water-based cosmetics or creams.


 

 




Visit our Online Store www.HomeMedicalPlus.com for the Latest Specials!


Need help finding something?



Still need help? Call (800) 482-0222


Shop Online Now!




  Entire Contents Copyright © 2014 • Wright & Filippis • Terms and Conditions • Privacy Policy • Disclaimer